Creating your Irresistible Free Offer (IFO) is a powerful way to attract clients and start building a database so you have people to market to. This is also how you begin building a relationship with prospects. If you are ready to create your own CD, follow these steps and it will be done and ready before you know it!
1. Write a script. I recommend creating an interview for yourself. To attract clients, come up with 10 questions your prospects need answers to. You don’t need to write your answers down word for word. In fact, it’s better to just use bullet points so the conversation will sound natural.
2. Find someone to interview you. I worked with a gentleman who had been in radio for 25 years. But you might know someone in your network who has radio training or has done a lot of speaking. Delivering your content in the interview format makes it so much easier to talk about yourself. Plus, the exchange between the two of you can be more fun for listeners.
3. Practice! Make sure you run through your answers many times to sound more natural in how you convey your message. You want to seem confident so listeners hear how well you know the material you are sharing.
4. Record the Interview. There are a variety of free services to record your call. These services make it possible for the person interviewing not to be in your presence. If you do want to be face-to-face with the person interviewing you, record the conversation with the microphone in your computer. Many new computers are well equipped to make recordings.
5. Edit the Recording. In case you made mistakes or there are spots where you started over, have someone to edit the audio for you. If you are good at learning new software, try Audacity.SourceForge.net which is free audio editing software. I’ve heard it’s easy to use. In addition, you may want to add a musical introduction and ending for a more professional finish.
6. Duplication and Fulfillment of CDs. For fulfillment, try a service like DiskDuper.com. Not only do they create the CDs, they also print the accompanying letter, stuff the envelope and ship, making the whole fulfillment process completely automated. You’ll be ready to attract clients before you know it!
Your Client Attraction Assignment
If you’ve been thinking about creating a CD, spend time digging into what type of information your ideal clients would do anything to get their hands on. What solves their big problem – the one that wakes them up with the 3am sweats? This is how you know you’ve got a free product that your prospects are going to want so you can attract clients.