Many coaches struggle to find their niche because they are thinking enough about what makes a niche ideal. Often whats missing are the viable business aspects.
From a discussion with successful coaches, here are the top nine traits of a great coaching niche:
1. You can relate and understand the niche.
2. The niche is exciting and fun for you. You’re passionate about it. You’ll be excited to get out of bed in the morning to work with your niche.
3. It’s easy to find your target market and market to them (get in front of them). You can market to this niche with reasonable cost and effort.
4. The niche is within the area of your expertise. You have a great story with lots of valuable lessons to share with the niche. It helps tremendously if you have expertise or experience in that field. I wouldn’t want to be coached by someone on my business-growth or on improving my public speaking if they are not super good at it.
5. You can dominate the niche as the leader (there’s some further discussion on this).
6. Must serve a target market that has a pain, challenge, or burning desire that is so strong and that they are willing to pay for it coaching help.
7. A niche where others are already generating money it since it’s proven. People in this niche see coaching as valuable. People in this niche can afford to pay for a coach.
8. My favorite kind of client is in this niche. You enjoy working with the people in this.
9. You have time to develop this niche – you can learn, find them, quickly get around them and position yourself in it.
Do you have any other ideals to add to this list? Does anything need further clarification? Comment below.