In order to get one-on-one clients or program enrollees or product sales on your coaching website, you need traffic. While there are many ways to do that, getting traffic from search engines is so loved by many because those searchers are ACTIVELY hunting for help. They are “highly qualified buyers”.
When optimizing your coaching website to get traffic, you need to focus your website’s content on specific keywords. Here are seven of my favorite ways to attract those customers – especially if you’re a coach.
1. Keywords about your coaching services. Over the last ten years, more and more people are searching on the term such as “life coaching” or “business coaching”. Phrases similar to that would be terms like “business planning” “marketing course” and “sales training”.
2. Keywords about your coaching title. The number of searches for phrases such as ”life coach” “health coach” and “relationship coach” are also on the grow. Consider terms like “business advisor” “nutritionist” and “dating coach” if they apply to you as well.
3. Keywords on challenges. Of all the types of keywords, phrases around challenges are my favorite. Some examples are “quit smoking” or “lose weight fast” or “should I divorce”. People are always on the look out to for ways to resolve their challenges.
4. On the flip side are words describing desired outcomes. Phrases like “become profitable” or “find love after divorce” or “retire happy” would work.
5. Your name. People will search on your name if they’ve met you or heard about you. Your website should come up quickly in a search.
6. Modalities, techniques or specific coaching processes or skills. These would include terms such as NLP, Emotional Intelligence, Imago Therapy or dream coaching.
7. Your location for keywords. Your immediate city or area would be a great phrase to include on your website. I’ve seen many coaches make a coaching business simply on nailing down their locality. For example New York Life Coach or Life Coach Nelson.
Side note: In addition to examples of the above and how to tweak your WordPress website to include those keywords without making a mess, you should buy the Coaching Site Guide (it also advises on designing for client-attraction). Details here.
Brainstorm your keyword phrases to target and use a keyword tool (Google has an easy, good, free one) and find your phrases and start boosting your website traffic.
Got other ideas for finding great keywords? Have you tried some things that DID work and DIDN’T work? Or, maybe you’re super confused about all this? Share your thoughts below.