What are the core strategies that Service Professionals must adhere to? Here is the list of Top 10 core marketing strategies for service professionals:
1. Marketing Plan – The most important task for all service professionals is to create a marketing plan. You must know what you are doing, in order to measure the results. A Marketing Blue Print will help you move forward effectively.
2. Marketing Foundation – Clarity is the key in marketing. All service professionals must be clear about their target market, niche, and how they will resolve their client’s problems. Also, they must be able to clearly communicate with their ideal client.
3. Use your strengths – many service professionals try to learn new skills instead of using their existing skills and experiences. It is much easier to use the knowledge you have, rather than taking on more learning. Of course, it is great to learn new skills, however, you can also benefit from what you know. Identify your strengths and use what you know and good at in your business.
4. Build a list – start building your list as soon as possible. You must know and communicate with your prospects in order to establish a relationship and trust with them.
5. Stand out – you can stand out by developing a system, programs, services, and products that are relevant and useful to your target market. Keep in mind that what you create must be beneficial for your target market, and relevant to their wants and needs.
6. Create a giveaway – your prospects love to receive relevant and valuable information for free. This is the best way to establish your credibility and create a relationship with your potential clients.
7. Use multiple ways to promote your business – There are so many different ways to connect with your target market. You can connect with them by speaking in events, networking, social media, blogs, and more. It is important to consider your strengths and pick up only a few marketing tactics first. Effective marketing requires consistency; therefore, it is important to start with just a few tactics, and to test them first. You can always add more as you expand your marketing efforts.
8. Learn how to sell – many service professionals make selling more difficult than it really is. Selling is all about your attitude and what you think about what you are selling. When you are helping people and answering their questions, you are helping them in buying your services. Selling is truly helping your clients to buy what they want and need. All service professionals must either learn how to sell, or hire someone to help to assist them in selling their services.
9. Don’t wait for anything – start talking and connecting with your target market right away – many service professionals do not market their services because they feel unprepared. In reality, speaking to your target market helps you in building your offerings and services much faster. Also, speaking with your potential clients is the best way to improve your services and to create new ones. Therefore, start talking and connecting with your target market right from the beginning.
10. Measure and change as needed – How do you know how you are doing? Measure your progress regularly, and check it against your marketing plan. Change quickly if you are not on the right track, or not getting the results that you want.
You must committee and take 100% responsibility for marketing your business. What is your thought on this?