A lot of my clients who are just starting out want to run teleclasses. This is a great way to work with a group, bring in good income, and leverage your time. Trouble is, when you are starting out, your list might not be big enough to fill a group.
No problem. I have found when your database reaches 1,000, that is like the tipping point for really being able to sell programs and products. This was true in my business. I want to share three powerful ways to build your list quickly so you can eventually run those group teleclasses for a fee.
1. Start by offering a free teleclass. As people register for your free program, they provide their email address and your list grows. Be sure to deliver an information-rich class so newcomers get plenty of value. You can then make a special offer for your next paid teleclass.
2. Look for joint venture partners. You want to connect with partners who market to the same ideal clients. They announce your free teleclass to their list. As people register, again you get their email addresses. At the end of the free teleclass, announce your next teleclass program for a fee and share a percentage of sales with your joint venture partners.
3. Create an Irresistible Free Offer (IFO). What do your prospects really need to know about? It can be a solution to the problem that keeps them up at 3am. What would they give anything to know? Then market this compelling product in the following places:
– A landing page on your site
– On your home page
– In social media network
– On the back of your business card
– At speaking gigs
When people want your IFO, they will gladly trade their contact information for your product.
Your Client Attraction Assignment
How big is your list? If you have anything less than 1,000, that’s an indication list building is a big priority for your business. At the beginning of each week, be sure to set aside time in your calendar for these activities. Then, set an intention to focus on list building to help your mind seek and be open to opportunities as they appear.