I’m often asked how to attract clients to fill a workshop. If you are planning to deliver a program, here are six suggestions to help you reach as many people as possible with details about your event and pack the house.
1. Call Prospects. Yes call them. Choose the most likely prospects who you haven’t worked with yet. Maybe they weren’t ready for private sessions. With a one-day workshop, people can get a lot of information and support from you at a group rate. Call your prospects and say, “I’m doing this event and I immediately thought of you. I know you’ve been thinking about working together, but I thought this would be an easy way for you to get some great value and a feeling for what it’s like to work together.”
You can call existing clients as well and tell them about the workshop. They might want to supplement the work they are already doing with you.
2. Create a Flier. Prepare a one-page flier with all the program details to attract clients. Write a bold headline that addresses the big problem you are offering to solve. Include everything attendees need to know including date, time, place, cost and how to register. Provide your phone number, email address and website because people have different preferences for how they’ll want to sign up.
3. Network Like Crazy. When you go to events, instead of handing out your business card, give people a flier. You can say, “Yes, I have a card, but let me give you this invitation to my upcoming workshop.” Attend as many events as possible during the three-six weeks prior to your workshop to reach lots of people and attract clients who will register.
4. Email Your List. This goes without saying – share program details with your current list. If you have good size list that’s great, but if not, this will still supplement your networking efforts.
5. Offer a Free Teleclass. Another way to attract clients for your workshop is to offer a free teleclass to sample what you will be covering. Give people a taste of the wonderful information they’ll gain. At the end, say, “You may not want to do this on your own. If that’s the case, come to this workshop so I can help.”
6. Look for Joint Venture Partners. You may know other professionals who target your same audience but are not in the same business. Partner up with them to reach out to their lists. Remember, this is an opportunity for them to add value to their subscriber community. They might send out an email to their list with details or run a teleclass with you to encourage registration. You can offer an incentive for every person who registers as a result of the partner’s help.
Your Client Attraction Assignment:
These six ways to attract clients for your workshop will help you build awareness and share with plenty of people. Take the time to write it all down so you know what needs to be done and put timing next to each step to keep yourself on track.