New American Psychological Association’s survey done by Harris Poll finds Americans are stressed over money! Here is a summary of the findings:
- Americans’ stress level is trending down to 4.9 from 6.2 in 2007, but it is still higher than what APA believes is healthy (3.7)
- Money is still a top source of stress, and for 64% of Americans money is a very significant source of stress
- 22% of people surveyed reported extreme stress about money and 72% experienced stress sometimes during the past month
- Parents, younger generation, and people with lower-income experience higher stress specially
- Americans who receive emotional support from friends and family report lower stress levels than those without support
- For more information visit http://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/stress/index.aspx
What do you think should be done to reduce money related stress?