Do you find yourself scratching your head each month wondering what valuable communication you can provide the prospects and clients on your list?
Continuous communication with our prospects and clients is a must. When we regularly communicate and are speaking to them about their greatest needs, interests and wants, we are fostering relationships and building trust. And relationships built on trust lead to happy clients and great referrals.
But many business owners struggle with sending regular value-added communications to their list. They don’t know what to talk about, when to communicate, or through what form (written word, audio or video).
It feels difficult to keep providing meaningful communications month in and month out. Yet content (free and paid) is the lifeblood of your business.
Here are 4 easy steps to stay in touch with your list on a regular basis:
1. Think of 4 things that your target market struggles with most.
2. Write down as much as you can about:
- what their problem is,
- why they have it,
- what they have tried,
- why certain solutions don’t work,
- what the professionals are saying, and
- what they need to do.
If writing is difficult for you, use whatever means is best for you – you can record it, speak to your friend while recording, have them take notes, etc. When writing or recording, don’t try to say the right things, don’t try to say it in a marketing way. Instead speak as though you are having a conversation with a friend. That will help the information to flow freely. You can wordsmith it later.
3. Create 1-3 articles for each topic. By taking what you have written, you can edit it to 350-750 word articles.
4. Create a telecall for each topic. If your business is on the internet and if you have remote clients, teleseminars and webinars are a must IF you REALLY want to grow your business. It will propel your business exponentially.
If doing teleseminars scares you, that’s o.k. It scares everyone. Push through it and do it. The more you do the easier it becomes. If you do this, you will be at more of an advantage than 95% of your competition. Is pushing through
your fears worth it?
Here are some other ideas on how to nurture your market:
– Every week send a success tip.
– Every month, do a newsletter with an article (or you can do it twice monthly)
– Every month do a telecall- On the telecall promote your group program, one on one program or workshop.
– Every month send the teleseminar replay and remind people of your upcoming program
It’s all about continuous, valuable communication to develop relationships over time. If you implement just some of these strategies, within one month you can touch your list 5 – 15 times and give value EVERY TIME.
By following this model, you have 4 months of communications (amazing!). At the end of the four months you can repeat the cycle, or by then, you will probably have even more things to talk about. This is a very worthwhile process.
And the more you do it, the easier it gets!
Give it a try and post your comments here!