The coaching industry has taught students that the best way to get new clients is to offer a complimentary coaching session. I know there are other business coaches out there who have created sales systems built on this model. If you have tried the complimentary session method to close sales and it’s working for you, that’s great! Keep at it.
On the other hand, if you have tried offering free consultations, only to have prospects say thank you and walk away, then you might do much better with my Get Acquainted Call system. This is what I used fill my practices.
Key Steps of the Get Acquainted Call System
1. The process focuses on creating the relationship with people.
2. Through relationship building, prospects to get to know and like you.
3. As prospects get to know you, they start to trust you which helps them feel open to working with you.
4. Then, you invite prospects to the Get Acquainted call to see if you want to work together.
5. In just twenty-minutes you can ask your prospect to become your client. And a high percentage will do so because of all the preparatory work you have done.
The Downside of Free Consultations. On the other hand, with the free consultation, it often sets you up to give away a ton of information. The prospects get the initial answers they need for free and walk away feeling satisfied without paying you.
With the get acquainted call, you set the intention of exploring if you want to work together. Then, by following the whole closing the sale process, you will know exactly how to have the conversation so you never have to “sell”.
Your Client Attraction Assignment
If you have been using the Complimentary Session method to get new clients, and want to improve your closing rate, I invite you to try the Get acquainted call. Try it with your next five prospects to see how it works. My bet is you won’t go back to those free sessions.