If you struggle with staying in touch with your prospects and clients on a regular basis, join the club.
I hear from my clients that this is one of their greatest challenges. They worry, “Once I get a potential client on my list, then what?”
To address this concern, I encourage my clients to provide ‘tips’ in various forms (written word, audio and video) to their prospects and clients.
Tips are short ‘snippetts’ of information that provide value and are related to your target market’s greatest needs, interests and wants.
Tips are welcomed in your prospects’ and clients’ email boxes because they are quick and easy to access and provide value. And getting into the habit of creating success tips in various forms (written word, audio and video) will make your other projects easier.
Here are some ‘tips’ for creating your ‘tips’.
1. Remember, a success tip focuses a particular problem and provides a simple solution. Simply put, it gives VALUE. It is not an advertisement and is not full of fluff.
2. Ask yourself, “What sort of tip can I offer to help people? What are they struggling with and what solution can I provide?”
Here are a few suggestions:
– reducing stress
– staying healthy
– controlling your thoughts
– being a better communicator
– eliminating conflict
– closing a sale
– being more organized
– setting goals
– providing better customer service
3. Format your tip like this:
– open with a short paragraph that addresses a problem.
– offer a solution (one, two or three brief points o address the solution), and
– close with a reference back to the problem and how using these tips are sure to help.
4. Put it into your email system, and send it to your list as a free gift.
5. Send one every 5 – 7- 10 days, and you will be offering your prospects and clients amazing value, plus you will be building strong relationships!
6. Place your tip on your blog site and you will have new content there on a regular basis.