Have you ever invested in a teleseminar, home study program, or live event to get your coaching business off the ground, and then months later felt guilty for spending the money and frustrated that you didn’t reap the promised results? If so, you’re not alone.
But did you waste your time and money? I think not. Here’s why those programs haven’t worked their magic for you… yet.
You have invested in valuable programs full of cutting edge tools and proven techniques to amp up your income and bring you a better business. But without a solid foundation in place, you cannot fully leverage these techniques, even if you do your best to implement them.
Do any of these scenarios sound familiar:
- You’ve learned from the best how to fill your teleseminars or launch high ticket group coaching programs, but you still don’t know where to find enough people to enroll in your programs, and you don’t know exactly how to communicate the benefits in way that has them saying “Yes!”
- You’ve got all the steps for creating membership programs and other recurring revenue products, but because you’re not certain of your niche, you’re not confident that if you build it, they will come.
- You’ve learned how to enroll clients using the most powerful set of questions, but you’re having trouble scheduling people into your consults in the first place.
There’s a building block needed before these skills will reliably work for you.
A Lever Requires a Fulcrum
It’s like you have equipped yourself with a perfectly good lever – all those brilliant programs on your shelf – but you’re trying to use it to do your heavy lifting, without a solid place to brace it.
If there’s no fulcrum, you won’t have any leverage.
So what’s the fulcrum for a coach? A viable coaching market.
Targeting an accessible, narrow market that’s full of “seekers” focuses your efforts and clues you in to what they most want from you, so you can leverage all your efforts to greater success. It’s like having a solid place to brace your lever.
It’s logical when you think about it. Once you target a viable niche market:
- You always know where to find prospects for your consults, because you are drawing from a narrow but endlessly deep pool of prospects that naturally gather in groups.
- You easily discover what’s most important to them, and learn how to speak their language so they feel seen and heard by you. That builds credibility and trust quickly!
- You never have to guess about how to design a program, what to write or speak about, or how to get the attention of your prospects. You know exactly who you serve, what makes them tick, and the outcomes they most want, so your ideas hit the mark. You become their “champion”.
That’s why I love to show coaches how to build that foundation for a soul-satisfying coaching business. It makes everything else you do work better.
Also, check out my program “your highly profitable niche” to learn how to define your niche and find your ideal clients!