Most non-writers find it extremely overwhelming to write a full-length book. However, they easily tackle smaller writing projects–a blog post, a letter, a white paper, or a report. Therein lies one of the keys to becoming an author quickly and easily.
Chunk it down into small manageable pieces.
And, as a coach, you do want to become an author. When you author a book, you become an expert, an authority in your area. And that will bring in more clients to your business.
Here are seven ways to write a short, powerful book about your expertise written in under a month. You’ll be calling yourself an author expert, not just a coach, in no time flat.
- Repurpose your old articles, blog posts, essays, and edit, revise and add to them. Turn them into an ebook or a printed book produced by a quick printer.
- Transcribe teleseminars you’ve offered. Then edit these and turn the manuscript into an ebook or a printed book produced by a quick printer.
- Speak your book. Then release an audio book. Or transcribe the audio, edit the transcripts, and turn the manuscript into an ebook or a quick printed book.
- Blog a short book. Create a content plan for a series of 10-25 blog posts. Write them and publish them. Then edit them and add a bit of new content to them so your book will not be exactly the same as what appeared on the blog. Publish this as an ebook or a quick printed book.
- Book a series of existing posts from your blog. Find 10-25 posts you’ve already published as a series on your blog. Then repurpose them by editing them and adding a bit of new content to them so your book will not be exactly the same as what appeared on the blog. Publish this as an ebook or a quick printed book.
- Write a tip book. Come up with 10-100 tips. Either just list them or write short explanations to go with them. Publish as an ebook or a quick printed book.
- Write Q&A book. Think of the 10-50 top questions people have on your topic of expertise. Answer them. Publish as an ebook or a quick printed book.
About the Author
Nina Amir, Inspiration-to-Creation Coach, inspires people to combine their purpose and passion so they Achieve More Inspired Results. She motivates both writers and non-writers to create publishable and published products, careers as authors and to achieve their goals and fulfill their purpose.
The author of How to Blog a Book, Write, Publish and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time (Writer’s Digest Books), Nina has also self-published 10 short books, including How to Evaluate Your Book for Success and 10 Days and 10 Ways to Your Best Self. A sought after editor, proposal consultant, book and author coach, and blog-to-book coach, Nina’s clients’ books have sold upwards of 230,000 copies and landed deals with top publishers. The founder of Write Nonfiction in November, she writes four blogs, including Write Nonfiction NOW!, How to Blog a Book and As the Spirit Moves Me.
You can sign up for a free book, author or blog-to-book coaching session with Nina or receive her FREE 5-Day Published Author Training Series by visiting www.copywrightcommunications.com. Or learn more about her at www.ninaamir.com.